School Breaks!

School Breaks!

         School breaks! We live for them.  We count down to them.  We even plan our lessons and activities based on them.  But do you really take a break? Coming up for many of us is Thanksgiving Break.  It is a necessary time for many of us to be able to relax and unwind.

          As a new TPT seller, I would love to take this long weekend and work on the laundry list of products that I want to create.  HOWEVER, I will NOT be creating products over the long weekend.

          Although many of you may see these couple of days off as an opportunity to create, I NEED this time off.  As you may have read in my previous blog post, I have had a rough couple of weeks.  Between the breathing problems and feeling generally run down, I need a break.

          On Thanksgiving, my guy and I will be going away to Mystic, Ct.  We have visited many times, and it is our go to getaway.  We love to drive through the countryside, walk around all of the shops by the seaport, and of course eat (at least once) at Mystic Pizza (yes, the one from the movie).
         
          Now although I plan thoroughly on enjoying our mini vacation, that’s not to say that I won’t be taking my idea notebook with me.  Every idea I come up with, I always write down right away, or else I will forget, and probably never remember it again (or at least that is my fear).  I have always been a pen and paper person.  In my notebook, I have lists of all of the products that I want to create, as well as the crossed off items that I have already created.  I find that crossing items off of a list, is so much more satisfying with a pen and paper, than it has ever been on my phone.

          I hope that you take this time and relax, in any way that YOU want.  Even if that means doing nothing but watching Netflix and eating junk food.  So take this time and rejuvenate yourself, because the next month is promised to be filled with holiday shopping, parties and classroom shenanigans!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!


-Rachel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching While Sick...

Never Stop Learning...

December Writing Activities