I'll Admit it...

I’ll Admit It…
I'll admit it...I really thought that I would easily understand all of the intricacies of being a Teacher Author on TeachersPayTeachers... silly, silly, Rachel.

First, choosing a name for my store I thought was super simple...silly, silly, Rachel.  Thankfully I did my research and no one else has the name I chose, because I had many others in mind, but those were either taken, or mine was too close to theirs.  I love the name that I chose for my store, because it truly represents who I am as a teacher.

Secondly, I thought that because I love designing products, that they would be quick and easy...silly, silly, Rachel.  I was right about enjoying designing new products, however, it has consumed all of my thoughts! All I want to do is look for clip art and cute fonts, and this has somewhat distracted me from actually creating the products.  Yet, I am keeping an idea journal for products that I want to create, and being that I have only been a teacher author for less than a week, I'll have to admit that I am proud of myself for already posting three products.

Next, I thought that when I created something, that it would ALWAYS look the way I designed it when I downloaded as a PDF...silly, silly, Rachel.  I was so excited when I made my first product for purchase, "Rainbow Chevron Checklists," but what is in my store, is not what I initially created.  The original product, had an ombre effect (similar to what I have as my store banner), but for now I have accepted it, and plan to work on that in the future.

Finally, I was convinced that I would make a product one time, and I would never have to go back and change anything...silly, silly, Rachel.  For example, just today, I was in one of my favorite clip art sellers page, and I found that she has a store button to include on the terms of use page, and I had no idea.  When I created my products, I had included the store name and an image of her (from her page), because her downloads do not come with the button, I figured that she did not require one...silly, silly, Rachel.  So I had to go back in and change two of my products and repost them, because I did not credit her correctly.

I'll admit it, I really had no idea what I was getting myself into...but I am so excited to have started this journey and I cannot wait to see what new things I will learn and create!
 -Rachel




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching While Sick...

Never Stop Learning...