Ready...Not Ready.

Ready…not ready.

     I am SO ready...not ready.  All summer I have been preparing (just as every teacher has been doing), but I still feel like I am not ready.  Over the summer, I have gone to the Target Dollar Spot, I have been to my local teacher store (I spent less than $10 at that store by the way-I'm very proud of myself by the way, that's the least I have ever spent there), Amazon, and numerous other places I don't even remember.  YET...I do not feel like I am ready.

     Maybe, its because I only truly had one month off.  This summer, in addition to starting my TPT store (check it out here), I rewrote 5th grade ELA curriculum, and I was a "paraprofessional" for our summer program.  THEN, in the month of August, I chose to start a gym routine (going to gym 6 days a week), and I feel great! BUT I still do not feel as if I am ready to go back.

     Friday, September 1, was our first day back to school.  After a district wide meeting, a union meeting, and finally a staff meeting for our building, we had about an hour in our classrooms for set up.  Now, I am NOT complaining.  I know that I have a lot to do to set up my room, however, I still have time (the students' first day is September 6), and it will all get done.

     I am ready...not ready, but I know that it has to get done.  My plan over the weekend is to make a VERY detailed to-do list, and then I will just check off one item at a time.  It will get done...AND then, I will be ready.

Have a great year!
-Rachel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching While Sick...

Never Stop Learning...

December Writing Activities